Greensboro, NC – As many of the world’s top PGA TOUR professionals prepare to showcase their skills at the 2015 Wyndham Championship, aviation pioneer Carey Lohrenz will inspire local businesswomen as the keynote speaker at the third annual PGA TOUR Executive Women’s Day sponsored by Astellas Pharma US, Inc. This popular business forum will bring together influential women from the greater Piedmont Triad area to participate in an engaging daylong event, focused on professional development, networking and health and wellness. Executive Women’s Day will be held on Aug. 18, 2015, in the Clubhouse Grille Room at Sedgefield Country Club (3201 Forsyth Dr, Greensboro), host of the Wyndham Championship. The 76th annual Wyndham Championship is set for Aug. 17-23, 2015.
More than 100 businesswomen are expected to attend the event, which includes presentations and panel discussions, networking sessions and a behind-the-scenes tournament tour. Highlights of the event held during the Wyndham Championship include:
- Carey Lohrenz, aviation pioneer and Executive Women’s Day keynote speaker
- Moderator: Sandra Hughes, Professor of Journalism, North Carolina A&T State University
- Panelists: Kathleen Kelly, President, Compass Financial
- Paige Mullis Enochs, Director of Concept Development, Glen Raven
- Lynn Welborn, Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, North State Communications
Leadership and strategy expert Carey Lohrenz has experience operating in one of the world’s most challenging environments imaginable: in the cockpit at Mach 2. As the first female F-14 Tomcat Fighter Pilot in the U.S. Navy, having flown missions worldwide as a combat-mission-ready U.S. Navy pilot, Lohrenz is used to working in fast moving, dynamic environments, where inconsistent execution can generate catastrophic results.
“After flying worldwide missions as an F-14 Tomcat fighter pilot, I know firsthand what it’s like to work under extreme pressure in some of the most demanding and stressful environments imaginable,” Lohrenz said. “I have found there are many steps women can take to live well, work smart, and be fearless leaders wherever their workplace may be.”
Executive Women’s Day is part of the PGA TOUR’s Women’s Initiative and is designed to engage women in PGA TOUR tournament markets by creating a day of corporate dialogue and networking opportunities. This year, the TOUR and Astellas will support 26 Executive Women’s Day events in cities across the country, including the greater Piedmont Triad area.
“We are pleased to partner with Astellas on a valuable opportunity to inspire and inform women to make connections, build relationships and keep their personal health up to par,” said Kathleen Walinsky, PGA TOUR Director of Tournament Activation and Outreach. “We also are thrilled to see the success of Executive Women’s Day as a powerful way to engage the growing female PGA TOUR fan base with information that helps them stay strong, healthy and connected through discussion of health and well-being as well as broader professional development opportunities.”
“As a pharmaceutical company with a focus on cardiology, infectious disease, oncology, transplant and urology, Astellas is dedicated to improving the health of patients worldwide,” said Gary Kaiser, director of Marketing for Astellas Pharma US, Inc. “Our support of Executive Women’s Day events brings much needed awareness and assistance to women who may face challenges in prioritizing their health and well-being.”
Other tournament programming sponsored by Astellas includes:
(1) Putt for Charity Challenge on the tournament’s expo row where people can test their skill. Each person will have three opportunities to putt and win prizes, and Astellas will donate $1 toward the designated tournament charity for each participant, up to $5,000.
(2) PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge, which was created to recognize and show appreciation to more than 100,000 tournament volunteers annually who dedicate their time, passion and energy to help tournaments raise funds for local charities. At the conclusion of the Volunteer Challenge, one volunteer will be honored for his/her dedication and have the opportunity to present a check for $10,000 in his/her name to the Piedmont Triad Charitable Foundation’s Birdies Fore Backpacks initiative.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc., a U.S. affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc., is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to changing tomorrow by improving the health of people around the world through innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products. For more information about Astellas Pharma US, Inc., please visit www.astellas.us.
# # #