Where should I park on days that I serve as a Volunteer?
The Volunteer Lot is located in Greensboro off High Point Road (at the old Jefferson Pilot Building). Turn into the second entrance of Volunteer Lot.
Your credentials permit you to ride the Volunteer shuttle on days that you are working. The Volunteer shuttle operates daily from 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (or 30 minutes after play ends) between the Volunteer Lot and the Volunteer Pavilion on course. Please allow yourself 45 minutes to park, ride shuttle to Volunteer Pavilion, check in and get to your assignment.
*You must park in public parking lots on days that you are NOT working (click here for more information about public parking).
On Course, where can I find . . . ?
Public ATM will be located inside the Ralph Lauren Merchandise Pavilion and beside the Clubhouse.
Portable bathrooms are located throughout the golf course. Please do NOT use bathroom facilities reserved for the professional golfers and sponsors. (click here to view the course map)
Daily Pairings Guides
Daily pairings guides are available at each Volunteer check-in area.
Food & Beverage
Each Volunteer will be given morning snacks and beverages upon checking in. Lunch and afternoon snacks are delivered to the Volunteer on the hole. Please bring a water bottle in case snack delivery is delayed.
Handicapped viewing areas are located at the 9th Green, 15th Green, 17th Green and 18th Green.
The Volunteer Pavilion is located on the left side of Fairway #1, across the street from the practice putting area. Volunteers can drop by on their way to work or relax after they complete their shifts. They will enjoy air-conditioned comfort, grab-n-go snacks and beverages.
Will Call is located at the main entrance behind #1 tee.
As a Volunteer, what Policies should I be sure to follow?
No Volunteer may use his or her official position to solicit player autographs. However, off-duty Volunteers not in uniform may solicit player autographs on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only.
Credentials will be distributed at Volunteer Day and must be worn and clearly visible at all times. Credential serves as ticket on days you are not working.
- The clubhouse and clubhouse parking lot
- All sponsor tents, skyboxes and luxury suites
- Tournament Headquarters
- All PGA TOUR facilities
- Any area inside course ropes, practice range, starter’s tent & putting green
- Media Center
- All Golf Channel / CBS television facilities
Mobile Device Policy
- Device must be on silent at all times; no flash allowed.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting, email, etc.) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
- Cell Phones permitted (but must be silenced)—Cell Phone use restricted to Authorized Calling Zones Only (Concession Areas). Please do not use mobile devices for any reason when you are near active tournament play.
- No bags larger than a small purse 6 x 6 including carrying cases, backpacks,camera bags or chair bags.
- No clear plastic, vinyl, or other carry items larger than 12 x 6 x 12
- No Plastic, Metal, or Glass Cups, Cans or Containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No computers or laptops
- No fireworks or laser pointers
- No lawn or oversize chairs, seat cushions, or bicycles
- No pets, except for service animals
- No knives, firearms or weapons of any nature
- No video cameras permitted and Mobile Devices cannot be used for video recording at any time all week. In addition, no drones are permitted over Sedgefield Country Club property at any time during tournament week.
- No Cameras permitted after Wednesday, no point and shoot, film or DSLR cameras after Wednesday of tournament week, no selfie sticks or hand-held camera stabilizers are permitted.
- No beverages (patrons may not bring in or exit with beverages) or coolers
- No radios or TVs
- No posters, signs or banners
- No motorcycles, mopeds, tricycles, bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards may be operated within tournament property. Segways®, motorized scooters or other personal transportation devices are prohibited if not used as a mobility aid by individuals with mobility impairment.
For more details visit http://www.pgatour.com/company/tournaments-prohibited-items.html
Please leave the items listed above in your car. All items such as purses, camera cases and other small personal items will be subject to inspection (including metal detection) at the gate. Failure to follow the direction of security guards, gallery marshals or tournament officials may result in ejection from the grounds or revocation of your tickets without refund. Please observe the rules and regulations noted above.
Should I be aware of special safety information?
First Aid Stations
First Aid Stations will be located on Hole #1 (next to Volunteer Pavilion) and Hole #14. Also, there are EMTs riding bikes around the course for emergencies. Should a problem or emergency occur, contact any uniformed Tournament Marshal or Law Enforcement personnel in order to expedite medical assistance. You are strongly advised to bring sunscreen and drink plenty of liquids!
In conjunction with the PGA TOUR, the Tournament has an inclement weather policy in place. There are three levels of weather conditions which will be indicated on scoreboards throughout the course:
1. Evacuation Watch – Conditions are very favorable for severe weather to form. If this alert is posted, only get involved in tasks that will allow you to get away quickly if we proceed to the next level.
2. Evacuation Warning – Conditions are degenerating and there is a high probability that play will be stopped.
3. Evacuation in Effect – The PGA TOUR has suspended play. Seek shelter immediately.
Should weather conditions cancel play for all or a major portion of a day, the final round may be on Monday, August 20, 2018. If this is the case, the Wyndham Championship will be seeking Volunteers to assist on Monday. Alternatively, the PGA TOUR may limit the tournament to 54 holes. You will be advised of the PGA TOUR’s decision.
What is included in the Volunteer Package and how much does it cost?
$55 (Value $480): Includes Wyndham Championship Shirt, Tournament Hat, (3) Good-Any-Day Tickets, Lanyard, Drawstring Bag, Volunteer Handbook, Commemorative Pin
$70 (Value $540): Includes same items in the Blue level package with an additional Good-Any-Day Ticket (4 total)
$95 (Value $640): Includes same items in the Blue level package with two additional Good-Any-Day Tickets (5 total) and a jacket
*Volunteers have the option to add-on additional items such as an extra shirt, bucket hat, and additional Good-Any-Day Tickets*
When will I get my Volunteer Package?
Volunteer Packages can be picked up at Volunteer Training (see two questions down).
What should I wear on days that I volunteer?
All Volunteers should wear their Wyndham Championship Golf Shirt while working. Men and women must wear khaki colored pants or shorts. No jeans or cargo-style shorts. Tournament hats only please.
When is 2019 Volunteer training?
General Session: July 21, 2019
PGA TOUR Training (Shotlink & Walking Scorers ONLY): July 27, 2019
Do I have to attend Volunteer training?
Yes, all Volunteers are required to attend Volunteer Training.
Who are the 2019 Volunteer Leaders?
Gallery Control: Walter Kromm, Bo Fulton, Andy Shores
ShotLink: Brett Stell, Tim Foster
Standard Bearers: Frank Hughes
Walking Scorers: Chris Shaw
Clothing: Lori Galbreath
Volunteer Food: Debra Moore-Rodriguez
Carts: Scott Thomas, Aaron Harris
Sponsor Services: Will McPherson, Carolyn Walters
Operations: Erin Winters & Mike Brubaker
Food & Beverage: Steve Melton
Special Needs: Jim Goodell
Practice Range: Tim Marion